Caroline (Carly) Phelps
Carly is an associate with experience in all stages of complex civil litigation matters, from initial discovery to appeals. She graduated magna cum laude from the University of Louisville Louis D. Brandeis School of Law. During law school, she served as the Managing Editor of the University of Louisville Law Review and Vice President of Communications of the Student Bar Association. After graduation, Carly clerked for the Honorable Joseph H. McKinley in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky.
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- University of Louisville School of Law, Louisville, Kentucky
- J.D. - 2017
- Honors: magna cum laude
- University of Texas, Austin, Texas
- B.A. - 2013
- Major: Government
- Defended architecture firm in successful summary judgment against claims in multiparty litigation .
- Successfully resolved dispute on behalf of manufacturer of air conditioning unit.
- Represented buyer in asset purchase agreement dispute involving complex accounting principles.
Professional Associations And Memberships
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Law Clerk, Hon. Joseph H. McKinley, United States District Court for the Western District of Kentucky (2017 – 2019)
- Executive Board, New Leaders Council Kentucky
- Board Member, YMCA Camp Piomingo