David is an experienced business litigator who is equally comfortable in the courtroom or before an arbitrator. He enjoys assisting his clients in disputes involving breach of contract, debtor-creditor relations, lender liability, business torts, and shareholder rights. David’s clients value his loyalty, tactical skills, aggressiveness, and ability to problem-solve in complex circumstances. David previously served as Chief of Staff to the Kentucky Speaker of the House, as an Assistant Attorney General, and as a member of the Frost Brown Todd law firm.
Areas Of Practice
- Appellate and Constitutional Law
- Complex Commercial & Business Litigation
- Arbitration & Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Class Action
- Fiduciary and Corporate Governance Litigation
- Securities & Wealth Management Litigation & Arbitration
- First Amendment & Media Law
- Managed Care Litigation
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- United States District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 1997
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Masters in Public Policy/Administration - 1997
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- B.A. - 1993
- Major: Public Policy & Philosophy
- Obtained a jury verdict for fraud and conversion against members of management of a physician-owned hospital.
- Obtained voluntary dismissal of a $50 million complaint against a large credit card processor.
- Acquired voluntary dismissal of trade secrets claims against a manufacturer of air conditioning coils.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of an executive whose former employer breached a severance agreement.
- Obtained summary judgment enforcing indemnity obligations associated with a share purchase agreement.
- Acquired summary judgment against a bank which refused to honor a letter of credit.
- Favorably settled breach of fiduciary duty claims brought by a minority shareholder which was also the defendant’s secured lender.
- Favorably settled claims by creditors seeking to enforce muli-million dollar personal guaranties while the primary obligor was in bankruptcy.
- Successfully settled claims to enforce personal guaranties given by franchisees for a large restaurant chain.
- Closed a law enforcement investigation alleging misconduct by a utility in connection with a $250 million regulatory approval.
- Successfully represented a municipal government in a complex civil rights class action allegedly involving hundreds of class members.
Honors and Awards
- Harry S. Truman Scholarship, 1992
- Business First Top 40 Under Forty, 1998
- Kentucky Super Lawyer
- Law Clerk, Hon. John G. Heyburn II, U.S. District Court for Western District of Kentucky
- Jewish Heritage Fund for Excellence, Chair of Board of Trustees, 2016 to 2018
- Jewish Heritage Fund for Excellence, Chair of Grants Committee, 2014 to 2016
- KentuckyOne Health, 2016 to 2017