Areas Of Practice
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Appellate Advocacy
- Constitutional Law
- Class Actions
- Fiduciary Duty & Corporate Governance Litigation
- Contract Disputes
- Government Investigations
- First Amendment & Media Law
- Healthcare Litigation
Casey has experience with a wide range of complex civil and criminal litigation matters, including business torts, class actions, government investigations, and constitutional challenges. She practiced for five years in the New York office of the Latham & Watkins law firm before returning home to Kentucky in 2010. Clients appreciate Casey’s ability to explain the legal process, effective oral and written advocacy skills, and focus on the end-game.
- New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- United States District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Cornell Law School, Ithaca, New York
- J.D. - 2005
- University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky
- B.A. - 2002
- Major: History & Political Science
- Defended issuer of life insurance policies in class actions alleging breach of policy provisions relating to cost of insurance charges.
- Represented majority owner of pari-mutuel wagering business in dispute with minority owner and lender. Negotiated favorable buy-out on eve of trial after prevailing on summary judgment motions and discovery disputes.
- Defended rehabilitation facility, doctors, and pharmacists in investigations by enforcement and licensing authorities, including the Department of Justice, Drug Enforcement Administration, and Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure.
- Defended former management employees of manufacturing company against complaint alleging misappropriation of trade secrets. Devised discovery and summary judgment strategy which resulted in plaintiff voluntarily dismissing litigation.
- Defended regional bank and wealth management employees against alleged violations of non-competition and non-solicitation covenants in stock option agreements.
- Defended Louisville Metro Government in constitutional challenge to anti-discrimination ordinance and related appeal.
Honors And Awards
- Kentucky Super Lawyer
- New York Legal Aid Society, Award for Outstanding Pro Bono Advocacy