Casey has experience with a wide range of complex civil and criminal litigation matters, including business torts, professional liability issues, and government investigations. She practiced for five years in the New York office of the Latham & Watkins law firm before returning home to Kentucky.
Casey has maintained her New York bar license in addition to being qualified to practice in Kentucky. Clients appreciate Casey’s ability to explain the legal process, effective oral and written advocacy skills, and focus on the end-game.
Areas Of Practice
- Appellate & Constitutional Law
- Commercial & Business Litigation
- Arbitration & Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Securities & Wealth Management Litigation & Arbitration
- First Amendment & Media Law
- Managed Care Litigation
- New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- United States District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Cornell Law School, Ithaca, New York
- J.D. - 2005
- University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky
- B.A. - 2002
- Major: History & Political Science
- Represented majority owner of pari-mutuel wagering business in dispute with minority owner and lender. Negotiated favorable buy-out on eve of trial after prevailing on summary judgment motions and discovery disputes.
- Defended physician investors against creditor claims relating to failed hospital project; advised clients regarding implications of related bankruptcy proceedings; and litigated complaint alleging breaches of fiduciary duty and fraudulent misrepresentations by hospital management.
- Defended pharmacists under investigation by the Drug Enforcement Administration and Department of Justice for recordkeeping violations and improper dispensation of controlled drugs.
- Defended former management employees of manufacturing company against complaint alleging misappropriation of trade secrets. Devised discovery and summary judgment strategy which resulted in plaintiff voluntarily dismissing litigation.
- Defended regional bank and wealth management employees against alleged violations of non-competition and non-solicitation covenants in stock option agreements.
Honors and Awards
- Kentucky Super Lawyers Rising Star
- New York Legal Aid Society, Award for Outstanding Pro Bono Advocacy