Jon brings more than 40 years of experience in media law and First Amendment cases to the firm. Over that time, Jon has served as lead counsel on many of the most important First Amendment cases throughout the commonwealth. He also has been the most prominent attorney handling disputes under the Kentucky Open Records Act and Open Meetings Act—laws which he helped to draft. Jon also has extensive commercial and employment litigation experience.
Jon has experience litigating in a wide range of federal and state courts. He has argued dozens of appellate cases in Kentucky and federal appellate courts, including numerous appearances before the Supreme Court of Kentucky and multiple different U.S. Courts of Appeals. He also has substantial experience in state and federal trial courts around the country.
In addition to his law practice, Jon remains active in the community. Jon currently chairs the Board of Directors of the Jewish Community of Louisville. He has received numerous community awards, including the National Council of Jewish Women’s David Richart Award for outstanding service to the welfare of Kentucky’s children, as well as a Department of Public Advocacy and the Louisville-Jefferson County Public Defender Corporation’s pro bono service award for his support of the constitutional rights of the poor and needy of Kentucky. He also is the only non-journalist to have been inducted into the Kentucky journalism Hall of Fame.
Jon and his wife, Kim Greene, also created the Fleischaker-Greene Fund for Excellence in First Amendment Issues at Western Kentucky University. This program gives journalism students the opportunity to take an advanced special topics class once a year and bring nationally recognized speakers in journalism and Frist Amendment issues to WKU.
Areas Of Practice
- First Amendment & Media Law
- Appellate & Constitutional Law
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- United States District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 1970
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Swarthmore College, Swarthmore, Pennsylvania
- B.A. - 1967
Honors and Awards
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Louisville Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Board Chair, Jewish Community of Louisville
- General Counsel, Kentucky Press Association
- Media Law Resource Center
- Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press
- The Fellows of American Bar Foundation