William (Rick) Adams
Areas Of Practice
Rick is an associate with experience in complex commercial matters, media, and appellate litigation. Prior to joining the firm, Rick clerked for the Honorable H. Brent Brennenstuhl in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky. He graduated magna cum laude from the Louis D. Brandeis School of Law, University of Louisville. During law school, he served as the Executive Editor and Online Content Editor of the University of Louisville Law Review.
Rick is currently Deputy General Counsel for the Kentucky Democratic Party.
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky
- University of Louisville School of Law, Louisville, Kentucky
- J.D. - 2018
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Centre College, Danville, Kentucky
- B.A. - 2014
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Government & History
- Represented national and regional media clients in disputes arising under the Kentucky Open Records Act, Kentucky Open Meetings Act, and the Freedom of Information Act.
- Defended national and regional media clients against defamation and other tort claims.
- Represented Medicare managed care organizations in connection with a variety of payer-provider disputes and regulatory matters.
- Represented former management employees against complaints alleging breach of fiduciary duty and misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Represented physicians and physician practices in matters involving disputes with hospitals, internal practice disputes, and Stark and Anti-Kickback issues.
Professional Associations And Memberships
- Kentucky Bar Association, 2018 to Present
- Law Clerk, Hon. H. Brent Brennenstuhl, United States District Court for the Western District of Kentucky.
- New Leaders Council Kentucky Executive Board (2019-2021)