Commercial Real Estate & Title
Our real estate group assists clients with transactions involving real estate acquisition, disposition, financing, leasing and development. Because each real estate transaction has unique attributes and carries different risks and attributes, we work with our clients to create an approach to our representation that matches the needs and timing of the client.
Broad Experience With Commercial Real Estate Issues
In addition to traditional loan financing, Kaplan Johnson Abate & Bird LLP represents clients who are financing significant real estate projects with equity, venture capital, bonds and tax credits, including New Markets Tax Credits, Historic Tax Credits and Low-Income Housing Tax Credits.
We are frequently engaged by out-of-state law firms to assist with financings and purchase transactions involving real estate throughout Kentucky.
Our attorneys work with several major recognized title companies and are experienced in procuring, reviewing and advising clients with respect to title examinations, surveys and title insurance policies.
- Representation of public company in sale of a Kentucky manufacturing facility
- Representation of a distiller in obtaining NMTC financing to help construct a new Kentucky distillery
- Borrower’s counsel representation for hotel project utilizing combined financing from bank debt, NMTCs, HTCs, bank financing and governmental loan programs
- Representation of coal company in connection with credit facilities secured by hundreds of surface and underground tracts in Kentucky
- Representation of a seller in obtaining landlord consents for the sale of a large portfolio of leased stores
- A hotel client’s representation in connection with a hotel franchise agreement with a national brand
- Representation of a low-income housing developer in financing multi-family project with tax credits and debt financing
- Representation of a bank making a shopping center loan in Lexington
We counsel and represent clients in Metro Louisville and throughout the nation with matters involving commercial real estate transactions and title issues. To speak with one of our lawyers, call our office at 502-416-1630.